Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 4 Post on - THE MEANING OF LIFE! and other picture post cards..


I was listening to Steve Jobs' graduation speech at one of his events.

I was really blown away with this one statement he made, and I paraphrase: "Death is the best invention ever made" because it drives home the limitations and time that one has in their lives to make a mark and to contribute those things that are of importance. He go on to tell the reason why we should do what we feel is right regardless of the mistakes that will be made through those actions as it is through these mistakes that valuable lessons evolve.

Hmmm? Sounds like the type of advise my parents and grand-parents gave to me?!

I often wondered what the meaning of life was and have come to the conclusion that the it means nothing to others.. It has no value until it is cashed in at the end of it's use. Have you ever noticed that at funerals, a eulogy is given to add credence and value to the deceased past life? This is despite the fact the he or she may have been the biggest, decrepit, annoying, over the hill, grouchy person you've ever met, they still meant something to someone so much, they have to sum it up in a departing speech?

My point is, I want to be able to do those things that I get a kick out of. Not to leave anything to the imagination and to provide a life style for others to enjoy. The type of things that when I do leave, there is no regret and no sorrow. That when they finally plant me my tum stone will simply say: HE IS, HE WAS, BUT, HE AIN'T NO MORE! - Nuff Said..

No comments:

Post a Comment